Sweet time well-spent
The Byron, Georgia Welcome Center is ready to help you get out and enjoy the sweet life in Byron. For ideas and guides for planning your trip, please contact us or drop in for a visit at the Byron Welcome Center, Exit 149 off I-75 in the Peach Shops of Byron.
Top 10 Reasons to Visit Byron, Georgia
Explore this website and you’ll find plenty of reasons to spend a day or more in Byron, Georgia. Here are 10 reasons to get you started.
1. Byron, Georgia is located in the very center of Georgia with an exit on I-75. It is a perfect place to stop for a meal, a good night’s sleep, or just a few days relief from traveling. It is a popular stopover for those traveling to and from Florida.
2. Historic Downtown – Byron's Downtown and those homes in the immediate area were designated as the Byron Historic District in 1995 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Architectural styles represented include Georgian, Victorian, and New South. A walking/driving tour brochure is available from the Byron Welcome Center or the Byron Area Historical Society Headquarters.
3. Food – Byron is the epi-center of barbecue and Southern cooking in Middle Georgia.
4. 8 National Hotel Chains and 1 RV Campground, right off Interstate I-75.
5. Antiques – You can get a sweet deal as you browse through more than 33,000 square feet of antiques and collectibles at The Big Peach Antiques Mall in Byron.
6. Aviation – Byron, Georgia is only 10 miles from the Museum of Aviation, the second largest Air Force museum in the U.S.
7. Peaches – During the summer, come to Byron, Georgia for some of the sweetest peaches you’ll ever taste and find out why Georgia is nicknamed “The Peach State.”
8. The World’s Largest Peach Cobbler, created each June during the Georgia Peach Festival.
9. Byron, Georgia will show you what Southern Hospitality really means. Welcome!